The Feeds module allows the creation of multiple product feeds, to make the updated information accessible to external services. The information in the Feeds is always updated according to your current product catalog state, which makes it useful for distributing the data to all your partners and channels.
Some examples of a product feed use are:
- Social channels (Facebook Shopping, Pinterest Products), Google Shopping
- Distributors and resellers
- External sales channels not integrated with Valigara (Macy's , Squarespace, Catawiki, Amazon Handmade etc).
Set up the feed
To access the feeds page in Valigara:
Basic Feed settings
Fill out the following settings:
- Feed name - an easily identifiable name for the specific feed
- CSV filename - define a name for the data feed using one of the Supported formats: CSV, TSV or XML (RSS/ATOM).
- Define what data to include in the feed
- System Fields- list of system and free fields to include in the feed
- Add Field - add a Valigara product/model/gemstone field
- Add Free Field - specify field title, and a free text value(s). This field is included in all products
- Field name in file - rename the system field in the feed file, to match requirements of the Facebook Shopping attribute name. Complete Required fields according to Facebook "Data Feed Fields and Specifications for Catalogs" and Optional fields (not mandatory).
- Language - select the Valigara language to use in the feed
- System field: Retail price -> Field name in the file: price - takes the existing Retail prices as price for Facebook Shopping
- Free Field condition with New value - use free fields for attributes required by Facebook if the specific information is not available in Valigara. New will be included as a default value for all products.
Advanced Feed Settings
enable Advanced mode usingtoggle in top right corner to set the following:
- Columns titles
- CSV delimiter
- CSV enclosure
- CSV escape char
Add products to the feed
On the Feeds page, click on the number under "Products count" next to relevant feed to edit list of products.
- Clickto open a search page.
- Products can be added to the feed file using two modes.
- add specific products to the list
- Examples: "Best Sellers", "Spring 2020" , "Popular Rings"
- define conditions for the products matching to the feed.
- Valigara will display the updated list of products matching to the feed, each time the feed is accessed
- Examples: "Rings $100-$200" , "Ruby jewelry" , "On Etsy"
- To switch between the modes click "Change mode to" at the top of the pop-up:
Use Advanced searchfor additional filtering
Check / Uncheck all- selects/unselects all products on page
Use "Show X entries" on the right side to see more products
Select on all pages - selects all products on all pages
Select relevant products and click "Add"
Define conditions using filters
Switch to Advanced search modefor additional filtering
Click "Save products filter parameters"
Remove products from the feed
- Static mode
- On the Feeds page, click on the number under "Products count" next to relevant feed.
- Search by Type, Collection, Metal or Gemstone to filter specific products
- To delete all products on the page, use checkbox under "Feeds" to select all and click "Delete Selected"
- To delete multiple products, select them and click "Delete Selected"
- To delete a specific single product, click the delete "X" button on the right side
- Dynamic mode - Change products filter conditions to remove irrelevant products from the feed