Generators -> Procedures add the next level of product data management automation.
Procedures run multiple operations in a single operation.
Good use for Procedure is when a new product is created. Multiple values have to be generated, for several fields:
- Title Generator "eBay Basic Title 1" for field "eBay title"
- Title Generator "Etsy Basic Title 1" for field "Etsy title"
- Description Generator "Basic Description" for field "Description"
- Formula "eBayPriceFull" for "eBay price" field
Combine all of the above in a single Procedure "New Product" and run it, to generate all the selected values together.
Other possible cases are
- Updating prices on multiple channels
- Full website data update
- Seasoned product titles creation
Create / Edit Procedure
- Go to Products -> Generators -> Procedures
- Click Add new/Edit existing
- On the Procedure page
- Click "Add" to add as many Procedure steps as needed
- Add Title Generators, Description Generators, Formulas
- For each step, set settings according to the type of operation
- Click Save and Exit
Using Conditions in Procedures
Conditions run the Procedure differently, for different types of products. This allows creating the content for all products together, without the need to run multiple Procedures. For example:
- if there are different website titles templates for Rings and for Earrings
- if prices are calculated using different Formulas , for cheap and expensive items
- if the Amazon category is different for the Yellow gold and for Silver products
To unify all these operations under one Procedure, add Conditions:
- Click "Add block"
- Click "Add condition"
- Define the Product field, and the matching value (f.i. Type -> Necklace, Metal -> Yellow Gold)
- Repeat to add as many product conditions as needed
- For multiple conditions, define how the will apply to the products
- All conditions - the Generators in the block will apply, if the product meets ALL of the defined conditions
- Any condition - the Generators in the block will apply, if the product meets ANY of the defined conditions
- Click "Add" , and add Content Generators, relevant for the selected group of products
- Select destination products on the Catalog page
- System Actions -> Run Procedures
- in the "Run Procedure" popup
- Select the desired Procedure
- Select if to overwrite/skip the existing values with the "Overwrite" checkbox
- Run the Procedure
- See the results in the relevant Batch
Maximum Procedure depth
A procedure can include another procedure (sub-procedure). To avoid endless recursion & performance penalties, there is a maximum nesting level of 2 It means that when the procedure is applied
- Sub-procedures of it are applied
- Sub-sub-procedures of sub-procedures are applied
- Sub-sub-sub-procedures are NOT applied.
When running the procedure with nesting level > 2, Valigara will return the error message:
"Procedure XXX not applied - max nesting level reached."
Duplicate procedures (the same procedure appearing in more than one procedure ) are not applied.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article