Valigara allows importing products data from existing Etsy listings.
Import from Etsy has two stages:
- Fetching - Valigara imports the information from Etsy listings and analyzes it
- Import - Valigara actually creates products from the fetched information
IMPORTANT: Remember to complete the listing migration, after completing the import process.
To fetch listings from Etsy:
- On the Catalog page, in actions menu go to Etsy -> Import from Etsy
- In the pop-up set the import settings
- Select the Etsy store
- "Resize images"
- If checked - images are resized during the import, according to Global Settings -> Image Settings
- If unchecked - images are imported in the original size.
- Import type:
- "Full import": import all Etsy listings
- "Partial": enter any count of listings to import, listings will be taken randomally
- "Specific IDs": select specific listings IDs to import. Select as many Etsy IDs, separating them by ","
- Click Yes - the fetching process starts
Once Valigara finishes fetching information from Etsy listings, the "Listings Import" pop-up appears.
If you don't want to run the import immediately, close the popup, and start the import manually later by going into the relevant "Etsy Listings Fetching" batch in the Batches page. To start the process, in the batch page click.
During the Fetching stage, Valigara checks the Etsy listings for variations and attributes. To create relevant products and store the information correctly, at the Import stage, define what are the relevant Valigara fields for the attributes, and how the Variations are to be created.
In the pop-up "Import specifics mappings" select:
- Variations if relevant.
- Example: A listing has 2 variations: "Material" (showing the available gold colors and purities) and "Ring size" (showing the available ring sizes)
- In Etsy variation "Material" choose the "Select field" -> and in the list of Valigara fields choose
"Main Metal -> Metal purity and title"
- In Etsy variation "Ring size" choose the "Select field" -> and in the list of Valigara fields choose "Product: Sizes->Sizes"
- "Import Variations without unique SKU":
- if checked - variations of the listing which don't have their own SKUs are imported. Valigara will automatically create SKUs for the relevant products.
- if unchecked - variations of the listing which don't have their own SKUs are skipped.
- The import creates:
- Separate products, with their own SKUs in Valigara Catalog for product-based variations (e.g. metals: white gold, rose gold, yellow gold, platinum and variations with different purity, main gemstone, etc.)
- Variation fields with their own SKUs for field-based variations (e.g. sizes, length, box color/type, etc.)
- Attributes Tab maps how Etsy listing attributes are stored in Valigara products
Each Etsy category has its own attributes. You can define the mapping for each category during the Import.
The attributes can be saved to:
- Existing Valigara field - select from the drop-down
- New Field - this will create the new field under "Etsy Import" set in Additional fields
- Skip Field - the data of the specific attribute will be ignored
- Click the Process button.
- Click to "Show products" see the created products in the import batch.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article